Tuesday, July 7, 2009

FAMILY

I love my family (as you may notice from the many photos I have posted of them). I love family events, get togethers, the idea of families and the TRUTH about MY family. We are NOT perfect, but we love each other unconditionally and that is PERFECT. (OK, I am done using CAPS).



I have a large immediate family... two older brothers, one younger brother and three younger sisters. I have a very large extended family. Growing up I saw my Cousins, Aunts, Uncles and Great Grandmother almost every Sunday for "Sunday Dinner" (although technically it was lunch because we ate at Noon). Some of my fondest childhood memories are of those Sunday afternoon's at my parent's house full of people. I loved the hustle and bustle... the boys running in and out, meanwhile I spent time playing "house" with my dollies, my cousin Jessica and my sister's Mary, Mandy and Stacey. My Mother would always cook her famous Mashed Potatoes and my Grandmother would help her cook the chicken. My Great Grandmother and Great Aunt would bring over lots of sweet goodies, freshly baked cookies, pies and sweet rolls. I miss those Sunday afternoons.



We have all grown up now; my youngest sister, the "baby" is 19. We don't get together every Sunday for our "Sunday Dinner's," but we still get together regularly. We set dates for family outings and get togethers. We make time for each other, both my immediate family and the extended family. We are a FAMILY and we LOVE each other. That's the TRUTH. (Sorry, I felt the caps were needed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment