Wednesday, October 7, 2009
As I was walking out of the house this morning my Hubby had just started a pot of Coffee and the aroma was almost too much to take. I have been suffering from heartburn, unlike any heartburn I have ever had in my life, for the past six months. Every time I try to drink a cup of coffee the heartburn will flair up really bad. This is a major problem!! I love Coffee!! I have been seeing my doctor regularly about my heartburn and we have tried many different medications, but it is not going away. I will be going in for an Upper Endoscopy next Thursday to find out what is going on. I have been drinking coffee for so long, I can't imagine not being able to drink it ever again. I want to find out what is wrong, fix it and go buy a Starbucks, Caramel Machiato!
Friday, August 28, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
I guess I was clueless on wedding planning because a lot of things came to me as a surprise, like choosing a song to cut the cake to, or a song to do the "dollar dances" to, or whether or not to introduce the bride and grooms parent's before the reception begins, at dinner, or before the bridal party dance (which by the way, you are supposed to pick a song for too)!
You know what has really stressed me out though!? RSVP's. Oh yeah. I have a whole new appreciation for RSVP's. Oh, I sent out the invitations, along with an RSVP card and the RSVP cards had stamps too, so they could be returned without a hassle (so I thought). Apparently, it is very difficult to put a stamped post card in the mail to let someone know you are or are not attending their event! OK. So, I have probably been one of THOSE people before, so I understand, but it still sucks! So, here I am making up pretend numbers for my caterer and baker because I have no REAL number... I just have to assume THOSE people are coming because I cannot have my guests starving and I want them all to be able to EAT CAKE (the very delicious, scrumptious, yummy cake that we picked out for them to enjoy on our beautiful wedding day)!
Well, I feel better now. So, really, no hard feelings to the anti-RSVP people out there, or those who lost their invitation along with the RSVP amidst their stack of mail on the table (I am guilty of the piles of mail on my dining table), their dog ate it, their kids painted all over it, or those that simply forgot because life gets busy and sometimes people forget. : )
Monday morning I met with my decorator, Annet to go over the final details for the decorations. She put together one of my centerpieces for me to see and it was awesome. My wedding colors are pool blue and royal blue. My centerpieces are going to be fish bowl shaped vases with pool blue and royal blue gems layered in the bottom, with sparkly water/gel, several white and blue lights in the bottom and a pool blue gerbera daisy floating on the top. Annet, is going to be putting together a backdrop for the bridal party table, all the lighting underneath the table skirts and drapery. She is very talented and really puts her heart into her work, so I know that she will make my wedding reception beautiful.
After my meeting with Annet, D.J. and I went to apply for our marriage license. (No, not "last minute" at all.)
Don't get me wrong, there have been many fun parts about planning this wedding. I loved choosing the flowers, choosing the decorator and the decorations, finding the PERFECT wedding gown... but these last few weeks have been really stressful. I just want everything to come together and for the day to be fun and stress free.
I am so excited! I am getting MARRIED! I can't wait for OUR day to be here!
Friday, July 31, 2009
1. My favorite color is blue.
2. My family has two horses.
3. I grew up in a town that had one four way stop light, a post office and a general store. (Ok, for a little while we had a gas station, but they didn't make it.)
4. I have worked as a nanny, toddler teacher, server, barista, receptionist, loan officer and sales consultant.
5. I met my Fiance when I was 18 years old and he sold me my first car off of a car lot, a beautiful black Dodge Neon, with a sun roof. I loved that car. Oh the nostalgia.
6. I enjoy Karaoke. My Karaoke songs are, "Bette Davis Eyes" and "Something to talk about."
7. This Saturday is my Bachlorette party!
8. I love to have my toe nails painted in the summer. I just don't feel the same if they are not painted a bright pink/red color.
9. I am most comfortable in my pj's or a tank top, shorts and my Chaco flip sandals.
10. I am a Michigan gal all the way! I love all of the seasons.
11. I lived in Bozeman, Montana for 2.5 years. (It is absolutely beautiful there and very dog friendly.)
12. My favorite adult Halloween costume I have is "Little Red Riding Hood."
13. I prefer my hair long, but I have had it cut up to my chin before. (It looks cute short, but I like being able to pull my hair up into a pony tail real quick.)
14. I am NOT a picky eater; I like all kinds of food.
15. I like all kinds of music.
16. We have a dishwasher in our house, her name is Christina. LOL! (I want a dishwasher someday.)
17. My favorite make up to wear is under eye concealer, bronzer and mascara, but I don't wear mascara everyday because I don't like taking it off at night.
18. I have been seeing my hairstylist for 2.5 years. She is wonderful. That's the thing about hairstylist, when you find one who does the job right, you are a loyal customer. It is too scary to venture out to someone new who may make you look like a smurf gone wild!
19. I love CHOCOLATE! Chocolate candy, chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake, chocolate cheesecake, chocolate brownies, chocolate mouse, chocolate pudding... Does anyone feel like having a piece of chocolate?
20. I make my bed every night before I go to bed. (Yes, I know this is weird.)
21. I really like to go garage sale-ing.
22. A couple of the crafty things I make are diaper cakes, towel cakes and quilts.
23. I love giving gifts.
24. I like SURPRISES!
25. I like the insurance commercial, Gecco. He is so cute.
D.J.: Do you want to get up and take a walk?
Me: I probably should. (Note: We have been talking about how we should/need to be working out regularly for months now, but we keep NOT doing it. Of course I may be partially to blame, as I do not enjoy waking up real early in the morning.)
I did get up and we walked the dogs in the baseball park a few blocks from our house. I really like the ball park. Especially when it is empty. There are trees all around it. Earlier in July wild mulberries and blackberries grew along the edge of the fields. The dogs and I enjoyed snacking on them as we walked. It is quiet and open. The dogs can run free and I can walk, relax, catch up with friends on my phone, whatever... It's nice.
Although, I did not enjoy the "getting up" part, I really enjoyed the walk. Thanks for getting me going in the morning D.J..
After our walk D.J. made some very YUMMY smoothies! His smoothies are always sooo good. I got ready for work, stopped at McDonald's on the way for my morning COFFEE and started the count down until 6pm.
Work was ok. Went fairly quickly. The last hour is usually the most drawn out.
I went to pick up my wedding band and my engagement ring, which were re-plated and cleaned for me so it is shiny and new for the BIG DAY!
So, I decided just to Blog about anything and everything. My day. My life. My journey.
Have a blessed day!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
I have a large immediate family... two older brothers, one younger brother and three younger sisters. I have a very large extended family. Growing up I saw my Cousins, Aunts, Uncles and Great Grandmother almost every Sunday for "Sunday Dinner" (although technically it was lunch because we ate at Noon). Some of my fondest childhood memories are of those Sunday afternoon's at my parent's house full of people. I loved the hustle and bustle... the boys running in and out, meanwhile I spent time playing "house" with my dollies, my cousin Jessica and my sister's Mary, Mandy and Stacey. My Mother would always cook her famous Mashed Potatoes and my Grandmother would help her cook the chicken. My Great Grandmother and Great Aunt would bring over lots of sweet goodies, freshly baked cookies, pies and sweet rolls. I miss those Sunday afternoons.
We have all grown up now; my youngest sister, the "baby" is 19. We don't get together every Sunday for our "Sunday Dinner's," but we still get together regularly. We set dates for family outings and get togethers. We make time for each other, both my immediate family and the extended family. We are a FAMILY and we LOVE each other. That's the TRUTH. (Sorry, I felt the caps were needed.)
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
I was riding Morgan...while Dad lead him for me. I like to ride, but Morgan still needs to be broken in some.
My beautiful nieces. Start them riding young! They love the horses! Lucy (1) and Brin (5)
Sorry it has been so long since I posted. Memorial day weekend was a blast! We had a great time camping and doing everything that goes with it! We fished, cooked hot dogs over the fire, smores and hamburgers. We had freshly brewed coffee made with a perculator.